Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

My good luck charm bracelets

A present is something everyone loves to receive. Everybody remembers their favorite present and value it. My most treasured gift is a charm bracelet given to me by my parents on my graduation day. It was my first piece of jewelry, a delicate gold bracelet with beautiful trinkets hanging from it. The trinkets were very special as it had small book with a beautiful cross embodied on it. I used to wear it all the time and show it off to my friends. It marks a new beginning in my life.

charm bracelets

Charm bracelets are being worn since the Neolithic era. They were worn as amulets for good luck. My bracelet, my very own good luck charm is what I wish to keep as an heirloom and gift it to my child at his or her graduation day.

Besides this bracelet, there’s another gift I relish. The friendship bracelets given to me by my best friend. It is a handmade band which has semi precious stones on it. A friendship bracelet or band is given to friends as a symbol of love and care. The story of friendship bracelets dates back to many years. It was given as a wish charm from one friend to another. It is one thing that keeps our friendship strong even in rough times.

These two bracelets hold a special place in my heart and give me the strength to move forward in life and achieve my goals.

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment